A Greener Home: Sustainable Design for Your Whole Home Remodel
As we celebrate St. Patrick’s Day and all things green this week, we’re taking a look at some of the elements that encompass green homes and sustainable design. Our design team named sustainable design as one of their Top 2016 Design and Remodeling trends. If you’re interested in integrating green and sustainable design in your whole home remodel, here are some ideas to keep in mind.
Green building strategies help to preserve the environment for future generations and make life in your home more comfortable and healthy today. Sustainable and green design principles can be incorporated into any style of whole home remodel, from traditional to ultra-modern.
- Conserves natural resources.
- Uses water and energy wisely for long-term savings.
- Uses healthy products and incorporates sustainable materials.
- Improves indoor environmental quality.
- Builds high quality, durable structures.
- Reduces and recycles construction and demolition waste.
- Facilitates ease of responsible use and maintenance.
- Creates livable, vibrant communities.
Sustainable design and green design share many of the same qualities and are often used interchangeably. Sustainable design can be distinguished by features such as:
- Simple, site-specific design that integrates with its natural surroundings.
- Reused, recycled, and long life building materials.
- Recycled, upcycled and vintage pieces integrated in interiors.
A green, sustainable home creates a sense of connection with your natural surroundings, your community, and the world. Our unified team of architects, designers and construction professionals is committed to helping you create your dream green home. Whether you want to integrate green features incrementally, or as the primary focus of your whole home remodel, we can help.