In honor of St. Patrick’s Day this weekend, we are featuring a kitchen remodeling project that was inspired by the color green. Working with our professional design team, our clients found the initial spark of inspiration for their new kitchen design in their favorite color. They are a young professional couple with busy professional and social lives who love to entertain in their Carmel Valley home. They asked us to create their “dream kitchen” as a respite from their hectic schedules. In addition to featuring their favorite color prominently indoors, the couple wanted to visually connect the kitchen to the natural greenery of their large patio and backyard area.
The luck o’ the Irish isn’t enough when it comes to kitchen remodeling. Here are some of the ways careful planning and meticulous design detail led to a dream kitchen for our clients:
- The new layout creates an expanse of open area, bringing light, air and energy into the space. Colors were carefully selected to harmonize with the outdoors.
- An oversized island provides a luxurious amount of space for preparing and serving meals. The Vitoria Regia granite countertop boasts a bright green tone balanced with grays and yellows. A special area was created in the island to display the couple’s beloved collection of cookbooks.
- Materials and colors reflect the beauty of nature and bring an artistic sensibility to the space. Handblown glass fixtures custom made for the clients by local artist Lea de Wit illuminate the room with a warm glow.
- A gleaming tile wall with six variations of green joined in a custom pattern was created by JDR Interior Designer, Rosella Gonzalez. The wall was built with concave and convex tiles, resulting in a wave-like effect that captures and reflects light differently throughout the day.
- A streamlined layout makes prep and cooking a joy. The kitchen has two sinks, including an apron front stainless steel sink, for maximum functionality.
Working with a team of design build professionals who can provide the guidance and expertise you need, you can create your own dream kitchen starting from a concept as simple as your favorite color.