¡Feliz Cinco de Mayo! A Remodeled Adobe Inspired by Old World Mexico.
Our whole home remodel of a secluded weekend getaway and future retirement home for a couple in their fifties was inspired by the aesthetics of Old World Mexico. This remodel beautifully demonstrates how your unique personal style and interests can be translated to create visual harmony and comfort in your home.
Here are some of the ways this adobe home was transformed to express the personal vision of our clients:
- The home was reframed and a new roof was added. The landscaping, kitchen, entryway and several interior elements were redesigned.
- An expansive covered patio now gracefully expands living into the outdoor environment. In alignment with the adobe home’s emphasis on Mexican-style aesthetics, succulents were a natural choice for the plantings.
- A dramatic plaza in front of the home welcomes visitors with bold color and elements of nature. A fountain imported from Mexico sits atop a striking hand-painted sundial. Tiles made in Mexico bring charming detail to the plaza entry.
- The new flooring installed throughout the home mimics the look of the traditional old-Mexican style, but is higher quality and more durable.
- Three hand-carved doors made in 1910 were shipped to the adobe from Mexico, each weighing several hundred pounds.
- The kitchen is now a show stopping conversation piece in the home. Light pours in from new windows and a skylight, while a dramatic beam and niches frame the room and integrate it with the rest of the home. The tiles on the backsplash were specially created with custom colors in Mexico by a relative of one of the kitchen’s designers.
From the broad expanse of their new outdoor area to the smallest detail of their kitchen, the owners of this distinctive adobe house can now enjoy the lifestyle they have always imagined. Whatever your personal style, working with a unified team of architects, designers and craftsmen helps bring your vision for your whole home remodel to life