What is Design Build? How Our Process Makes Your Whole Home Remodel or New Home Build Successful
Design build gives you everything you need to create the whole home remodel or new home of your dreams from one team of experienced professionals under one roof. You will know before your project starts what it will look like, how much it will cost and how long it will take. To support our carefully developed design build processes, Jackson Design and Remodeling’s custom designed Enterprise Resource Planning software leverages technology to create a universal hub for accountability and responsibility between JDR team members and our clients. The system takes the mystery out of what’s going to happen next on a project, by sending you a weekly dashboard with an overview of your project schedule and details.
Here are the steps in our design build process:
- At your first home appointment with Jackson Design and Remodeling, we listen actively as we discuss your overall wants and needs for your project. JDR evaluates your existing environment and how to incorporate new design and space. Together, we review the planning and building processes and the overall project budget.
- JDR measures the existing structure and reviews property conditions. The scope of work determines if the comprehensive plan requires either structural design or space design or a combination of both. Next, JDR presents designs and plans for your approval.
- JDR prepares a comprehensive scope of work from the designs you have approved. This includes a detailed description of each step of the construction process, from concrete to framing to electrical.
- Next, JDR prepares a construction agreement and a written review of any structural designs and required engineering that will be submitted to the City or County.
- At this point we finalize the details, such as materials and appliance choices. A JDR designer works with you one-on-one to help you with selections: from countertop colors to tile backsplash patterns.
- Your project begins! JDR meets with you on the job site to review the entire scope of work, walk through the project and discuss how the job will be built. We discuss details such as where materials can be stored, how your home will be protected from dust, and how to safeguard your pets during the build.
- JDR’s project manager provides a time frame and is always available to discuss the overall project.
- Prior to completion, you and JDR’s project manager walk through the project and record any small items or details that need to be altered to ensure you are 100% satisfied with your project.
- When your project is complete, you will receive a detailed packet of information about warranted products and services.
This is a shortened version of our steps. See all the details here.
With a unified team, you can more easily access the information, services, and level of design you need. Jackson Design and Remodeling’s design build process gives you access to the talents of licensed architects and a unified team of residential and interior designers and construction professionals all working together to create a whole home remodel or new home uniquely designed for your lifestyle.