Wake Up to New Energy for the New Year in Your Feng Shui Bedroom
If you would like to welcome the new year with a fresh attitude and outlook, resolve to experiment with feng shui design ideas in your bedroom. Feng shui is an ancient practice based on the principle that we can enrich our lives by directing the energies of the universe and natural elements such as wind, water, earth, and metal to our souls. Our professional design team recently worked with a client entering a new phase in her life. It was important to our client to create a sensual spirit of serenity and harmony in her new master bedroom. Calm and balanced aesthetics were essential to the client’s enjoyment of her home. Together we explored some of the premises of feng shui and melded them into a new design that promotes a pleasurable and nourishing experience, alive with new energy. Here are some tips for creating your own feng shui bedroom:
- Clean your bedroom thoroughly, especially removing anything you normally store underneath the bed. Remove any electronics or workout equipment from the room as these distract from a restful sleep.
- Fresh air matters. If you can’t open your windows often, opt for an air purifier.
- Create soothing lighting from elements such as candles and dimmers.
- Tranquil colors work best in the bedroom, especially skin-tone colors. Natural materials, such as wood, are the best choice for good energy.
- The images you choose to display in your bedroom are essential. If you want peace, harmony and romance in your life, find imagery that reflects that desire. Displaying any objects, such as pillows, vases or works of art, in pairs brings energy to romance and relationships. Round mirrors signify unity.
- Your bed should be easily approachable from both sides and should not be in a direct line with the door. A queen-sized bed is preferable to a king-sized bed, as a smaller bed brings people closer together.
- Keep all bedroom doors closed at night. This creates nourishing energy which can also strengthen relationships.
The Nine Bagua and BaGua Energy Map
The bagua divides any space into nine areas. Each area corresponds to a different aspect of your life. Whatever is going on energetically (good or bad) in that part of your space will affect the related aspect of your life. The nine bagua include: Wealth, Fame, Relationships, Family, Health/Balance, Children/Creativity, Self-Understanding, Career, and Helpful Friends/Travel. Learn more about the bagua here.
Feng shui has been practiced for thousands of years and can be studied in depth once you develop an interest in it. Whether you are considering a remodel of your master bedroom, master bathroom, kitchen or whole home, our professional design team helps you explore your desires for a space where you can express your unique personality and create new dreams for a new year!