Happy Earth Day! These Green Building Elements Make Your Whole Home Remodel or New Home More Sustainable
Earth Day is an annual reminder about the importance of conserving resources for future generations. Integrating the principles of green building and sustainable design into your whole home remodel or new home can help you honor Mother Nature every day. A green remodel can lower energy use, reduce water consumption, and create sustainability, including less operating costs over time.
Whether your home is traditional or ultra-modern, elements of green design can be incorporated throughout the design build process. The concept of “green design” can be as simple as thoughtfully planning your home’s layout to capture light and use less energy. Several members of the Jackson Design and Remodeling team are Green Certified Professionals who are uniquely qualified to help you explore green building.
Green and Sustainable Building Elements – Interior
- Smart home automation to save energy by controlling elements such as heat, electricity, and windows remotely
- Low flow toilet and shower heads
- High efficiency light fixtures, such as dimmer switches, LED lighting and motion sensors
- Low VOC paint, non-toxic carpeting and non-toxic glues
- Energy efficient heating, air conditioning and air quality systems
- Recycled, upcycled and vintage pieces
Green and Sustainable Building Elements – Exterior
- Reused, recycled, and long life building materials.
- Simple, site-specific design that integrates with its natural surroundings
- Solar powered exterior landscape lighting
- Energy efficient windows
- Solar panels on roof
- Water collection system
Living with green elements makes a positive impact on the world and creates a sense of connection with your home, natural surroundings, and community. If you’ve always dreamed about a green home, our unified team of architects, designers and construction professionals can help you achieve your vision.