The Top Interior Design Trends for 2016: From Geometric Patterns and Natural Minerals to Black Steel Industrial Doors
2016 will be the year of bold colors and patterns, bright metals, and a strengthening of design’s connection to nature. Jackson Design and Remodeling’s highly acclaimed design team, which has been featured in major national print and online publications including Dwell, HGTV, Architectural Digest and Beautiful Kitchens & Baths, handpicks the top trends in design and remodeling each year. When you’re planning a whole home remodel, it’s important to balance trends with choices that make long-term sense. But it’s always fun to follow the latest styles and experiment with creative new ideas! Here are our design team’s picks for the top trends this year:
• Natural Minerals: Chandeliers, lamps and small furniture composed from colorful minerals, crystals, chunks of quartz and unpolished semi-precious stones communicate interesting elements of nature with rock-solid style.
• Geometric Patterns: The classic appeal of geometric shapes is making a bold return in 2016, notably on atypical materials such as wood and cement.
• Mixed Metals: Spaces throughout the home are adventurously incorporating artful blends of silver, brass, gold and copper.
• Unfinished Walls: Once again drawing from the calming and appealing elements of earth, unfinished walls evoke the natural environment in stylish, rustic renditions from wood to concrete.
• Bringing the Outdoors In: The timeless appeal of indoor/outdoor living is expressed with open layouts, large sliding glass doors, and thoughtfully designed integration between indoor and outdoor living spaces.
• Industrial Black Steel and Glass: Black steel and glass doors and windows with an industrial influence feature a clean look that perfectly frames a view.
• Floor to Ceiling Tile: Seamless floor to ceiling tile treatments in bathrooms and kitchens bring a clean elegance to pops of color and pattern in a space.
• Solar Power: This trend is all about living in a more energy-efficient home while incorporating beautiful aesthetics, with visually appealing and less bulky solar products.
• Floral Patterns: Bright, dark, and graphic floral patterns are blooming in imaginative interiors this year.
• Unexpected Color: Neutral color palettes will take a back seat in 2016 to brighter and more interesting hues. Pastels and jewel tones are particularly in evidence.
• Sustainability: In 2016, the commitment to creating and maintaining a better environment is strengthened as sustainable design continues to gain interest.
Take a look at our Pinterest board for beautiful examples of 2016’s most intriguing trends. (And please follow us while you’re there!) Our unified team of architects, designers and construction professionals can help you explore ways to incorporate 2016 trends in a way that brings beautiful individuality to your home.