The Top Interior Design Trends for 2016: From Geometric Patterns and Natural Minerals to Black Steel Industrial Doors
Jackson Design and Remodeling’s Award Winning Designers Dish on the Year’s Hottest Trends – No More Rule Books, Individual Style Leads the Way
(SAN DIEGO – January 7, 2016) – Jackson Design and Remodeling (JDR), an award-winning San Diego-based design and remodeling firm, released its list of the Top Interior Design Trends for 2016. The firm’s highly acclaimed design team, which has been featured in major national print and online publications includingDwell, HGTV, Architectural Digest & Beautiful Kitchens & Baths, handpicked the top trends in home and interior design in the coming year.
- Natural Minerals: Accessories and accent furniture pieces created from earth’s treasures add an unusual and interesting element of nature in a space. Chandeliers, lamps and small furniture composed from colorful minerals, crystals, chunks of quartz and unpolished semi-precious stones communicate rock-solid style.
- Geometric Patterns: The classic appeal of geometric shapes is making a bold return in 2016. While the trend finds traditional expression in fabrics and tile, geometric patterns created from atypical materials such as wood and cement are also popular.
- Mixed Metals: The adventurous trend toward mixing and matching patterns, colors and textures dazzles in the treatment of mixed metals this year. Spaces throughout the home are incorporating artful blends of silver, brass, gold and copper.
- Unfinished Walls: Once again drawing from the calming and appealing elements of earth, unfinished walls evoke the natural environment in stylish, rustic renditions from wood to concrete.
- Bringing the Outdoors In: The timeless appeal of indoor/outdoor living continues to encourage a sense of connection with natural surroundings in interior design. Open layouts, large sliding glass doors, and thoughtfully designed integration between indoor and outdoor living spaces illustrate this trend.
- Industrial Black Steel and Glass: Black steel and glass doors and windows with an industrial influence are increasingly popular in a variety of home designs with a clean, modern look that perfectly frames a view.
- Floor to Ceiling Tile: Seamless floor to ceiling tile treatments in bathrooms and kitchens bring a clean elegance to pops of color and pattern in a space.
- Solar Power: This trend is all about living in a more energy-efficient home while incorporating beautiful aesthetics. Solar power continues to redesign itself with more visually appealing, and less bulky, products.
- Floral Patterns: Bright, dark, and graphic floral patterns are blooming in imaginative interiors this year. Floral statement pieces and accessories bring unexpected life into both traditional and modern spaces.
- Unexpected Color: Neutral color palettes will take a back seat in 2016 to brighter and more interesting hues. Pastels and jewel tones are particularly in evidence both as wall colors and accent colors.
- Sustainability: In 2016, the commitment to creating and maintaining a better environment is strengthened as sustainable design continues to gain interest. Expressions of this trend start with building homes to meet LEED certifications and also include repurposing existing objects and acquiring pieces from vintage or antique stores.
“2016 will be the year of bold colors and patterns, bright metals, and a strengthening of design’s connection to nature,” said Tatiana Machado-Rosas, design department manager and senior interior designer at JDR. “We are seeing many homeowners throw the rule book out the window to create spaces that reflect their individual personality while mixing old and new items to live in a beautifully unique home. Clients are asking us to design homes that integrate exciting contrasts, from mixing concrete with metallics to blending dark colors with pastels. While there are many stylish dècor trends that are gaining popularity, homeowners are also interested in sustainable homes to respect energy conservation and natural resources.”
To view images of all the design trends, visit Jackson Design and Remodeling on Pinterest.
About Jackson Design and Remodeling
Jackson Design and Remodeling has served the San Diego community since 1989, providing clients with new custom homes, whole home remodeling, kitchen remodeling, additions, outdoor living spaces, high end bathroom remodeling, and other home design build projects. Todd Jackson, President and CEO, has established an enduring tradition of quality and service in the industry. Jackson and his team have won numerous awards for their work, including hundreds of CotY, Chrysalis, ASID, NKBA and Master Design Awards as well as six consecutive Better Business Bureau Torch Awards for Ethics. For more information, visit www.JacksonDesignandRemodeling.com, call 858.348.5195 or follow us on Pinterest, Houzz, Facebook,Instagram and Twitter.