Home Design Architects San Diego
With our design build process you access the talents of three licensed architects and a unified team of residential and interior designers and construction professionals all working together to create the home of your dreams.
When you are looking for a high level of design for your new home build or whole home remodel and want an innovative approach that is tailored specifically to your needs, working with an integrated team that includes licensed architects is essential. Architects collaborating with designers and construction professionals from the initial conceptual phase of your project assure your objectives will be met with a feasible, on budget and on-schedule design. A new home or whole home remodel presents an exciting opportunity to transform the environment where your family lives, works, plays and entertains.
San Diego Architecture
Jackson Design and Remodeling earned a spot at #5 on the 2019 San Diego Business Journal Top Architectural Firms List.
With our design build process you access the talents of licensed architects and a unified team of residential and interior designers and construction professionals all working together to create the home of your dreams. The architectural design discipline includes organizational and technical expertise; it also requires the intangible aspects of emotion, psychology, and artistry. To attain these skills requires years of formal education and a state license examination.
Our architectural team includes two licensed architects and several residential designers with significant architectural experience. Led by Licensed Architect John Kavan, these talented professionals give you access to many years of creative expertise and extensive industry knowledge. Our experts consider all relevant factors that influence the specific challenges of your house and then create a carefully considered design that expresses your individual aesthetics and lifestyle. During the design phase, ideas are fully reviewed and evaluated with the production department, accessing their proven field knowledge to eliminate the obstacles that sometimes occur when architects and builders work separately.
Why a Home Design Architect or Home Remodel Architect Matters
If you are considering a whole home remodel you may be wondering how working with an architect contributes to the process of transforming your home. When any of the following are required for your project, a highly skilled architect is essential:
- Adding levels or additions or making any other changes to the exterior structure of your home
- Significantly changing your interior floor plan
- Moving interior walls, adding new windows or doors
- Your desire for a high level of design with an innovative approach
Benefits of Working with Architects
Understanding the architecture of your home is necessary to update it for your needs today with appropriate attention to form, scale and proportions. When you work with a remodeling firm with home design architects on staff, you access a team of home designers, architects and construction professionals that share the expertise to make your remodel more inspiring and less stressful during every phase. Working with an architect can make the difference between “new” space and “dream” space.
In the design build remodeling process of a whole home remodel, an architect is a member of a unified team that also includes designers and construction professionals. With this streamlined team approach, you gain convenience and peace of mind. From the very start of the project, your home remodel architect is collaborating with other members of the team to develop a design that will transform your home and enhance your lifestyle today.
- Expertise: Architects are licensed professionals who have undergone rigorous education, internships and exams. The role of an architect is not just to design buildings. Through the design, the architect must also protect the health, safety and welfare of the general public and the users of the buildings. Therefore, like medical doctors, one must have a license granted by a U.S. state or territory in order to refer to oneself as an “architect.” (source: AIA – American Institute of Architects)
- Perspective: A home remodel is a complex fusion of planning, design and construction. Architects are able to see the many aspects of a remodel – the homeowner’s needs, space and materials requirements, budgets, timetables and permits – and develop the best possible solutions.
- Vision: An architect can help you clearly define your project – its scope, features, purpose and functionality – and achieve your goals both functionally and aesthetically. The architectural design discipline includes organizational and technical expertise; it also requires the intangible aspects of emotion, psychology and artistry. Giving the responsibility of designing your new home to a draftsman or design consultant can often lead to inappropriate, inaccurate and uninspired design solutions. An architect helps you express your own very personal vision.
- Value: Because an architect is able to forecast how new construction ties into your existing home’s structural and technical systems and ensures that construction documents are prepared efficiently and accurately, you avoid any costly mistakes during the transition from concept to reality. Architects are also trained to capture energy savings and improve the overall efficiency of your home. The enduring marketability of good design contributes to your home’s value.
- All-Important Details: The permitting process is another aspect of the remodel process that architects are uniquely qualified to perform with expertise and efficiency. When you work with a skilled architect, you can rest assured that the building codes for your area and the structural demands of your current home have been incorporated in a proposed design.
Visit Our Design Campus
The Premier Kitchen & Bathroom Showroom and Selection Center in San Diego
Learn about the latest trends in design build as you see and touch examples of the design sense, craftsmanship and thoughtful client care that go into all of our work.
Monday - Friday
8:00am - 4:30pm
10:00am - 2:00pm